It's definitely a conversation stopper!!! But in all seriousness it's something that shouldn't stop a conversation, it's something that should embrace a conversation, be a conversation starter.
The way the world looks at self harm is getting better, with more awareness around mental health growing stronger each day there is lots of hope for everyone that at this right second is reading miserable quotes through tear filled eyes, trying to decipher what the reason is, why they are even breathing.
There are millions of words I could use to describe it, the hopelessness you feel at that exact second, the relief you feel, the guilt, the desperation to stop
It bleeding. It's a vicious circle.
I'd like to say that it magically gets better, it doesn't. Don't place your hope in one day it just disappearing odd to the carribean on holiday and never darkening your doors again. It doesn't happen like that. You have to unpick the painful parts one by one. In order to fix yourself you must first destroy yourself in bringing up artefacts of the past that you would much rather keep buried deep deep inside - where no one can ever find it.
And that's where the beginning of the story starts. I wait with baited breathe. As I'm about to be torn apart into painful chunks, I can't begin to imagine how much this whole thing is going to hurt - but as they say "no rain, no rainbow"
No comments:
Post a Comment