Friday, 6 May 2016

"One day you'll look back"

Thought most of my secondary school and sixth form years I had the same English teacher. He was a cracking teacher and the kids always had a tonne of respect for him.

For some reason I found blokes a lot easier to talk to than women, they didn't do the sensitive sausage bit. They just saw it as it was and said what they needed to - no Nampy pampy shit.

It was my first year of 6th when I was caught behind at the end of a lesson clearing away my millions of coloured pencil labelling words in Keats 'Lamia' when all of a sudden I accidentally fell into a deep and meaningful conversation.

Completely opened up to my English teacher who previously I had barely passed the time of day with other than corrections here and there.

I will never forget how he sat there, took a deep breathe in and said "One day, you will look back on all of this - every single detail and realise that it has been completely worth it. It may take twenty years but you will"

Simple just like that short and sweet, he was a good guy, and for that I will always remember him! 

I have my psych assessment on Monday - fill in lads of questionnaires about things that you would have thought completely unnecessary... But alas I did filled it all in truthfully too- and posted it back.

I'm just waiting for my crazy bitch label now. I'm paranoid about saying the wrong thing. I'm a perfectly logical normal functioning 21 year old - or so I like to project to strangers of this world.... 

Wish me luck, I think I'm going to need it....

No comments:

Post a Comment